Re: [Help-smalltalk] Fwd: VisualGST Issues

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Fwd: VisualGST Issues
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 14:34:44 +0200

- "Rename Method" throws: GtkMethodWidget error: DNU #renameMethod
- "Tools Menu->Browser Window" gives DNU if there aren't a selected
text.

I think I have fixed this one and it is merged into Gwen's tree.

I see all these fixes are in Gwen's master branch, not in stable.

I shouldn't be the one who tests VisualGST before a release. I just trust that what is called stable _is_ actually stable. If it is not that way, I have no problem upgrading to master for 3.2.1 if it is better. But please let's be consistent with the nomenclature.

From now on, I suggest that VisualGST should follow these rules:

- let's drop the stable branch for now and fix the above issues on the master branch.

- as soon as master is ready to be imported into GNU Smalltalk, Gwen should do "git checkout stable; git merge -s ours master" and push it. _Only then_ I'll import it. This will be a blocker for 3.2.1.

- new features will _exclusively_ be developed on the master branch.

- bugfixes will _exclusively_ be developed on the stable branch, and merged from there into the master branch. It's up to Gwen whether he wants to do the stable->master branch himself, or he prefers to get two pull requests.

Otherwise, I'll have to remove VisualGST and leave it as a hosted project on smalltalk.gnu.org only (i.e. "at your risk"). I obviously don't want to do that.