[Help-smalltalk] getArgc Bug on Fedora cross compile for windows

From: Mathieu Suen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] getArgc Bug on Fedora cross compile for windows
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 13:48:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi All,

First merry christmas.

Then I have a little issue in a cross compile version of gst.
I try to cross compile gst for Windows from Fedora.
 Every thing is find up to the make install (I am not sure that this is
necessary).

During the make install I have a issue on:
XZIP="/home/mathk/Downloads/smalltalk-3.2.3/+build/winewrapper.exe
/usr/bin/zip"
/home/mathk/Downloads/smalltalk-3.2.3/+build/winewrapper.exe ./gst-tool.exe
gst-package --kernel-dir "../kernel" --image gst.im --srcdir ..
--target-directory=/inst/share/smalltalk --destdir "" Announcements.star

After investigating a bit, this is due to the #getArgc / #getArgv: which does
not concider  parameter like "".
To reproduce the bug here is the script:

$ cat argTest.st
Eval [
        Smalltalk getArgc printNl
]

If you execute it the expected output is:

./gst.exe ./argTest.st  -a foo ""
2

But the actual output is:
./gst.exe ./argTest.st  -a foo ""
1

That might be due to wine or somthing like this.
Any idea are welcome

Thanks

Mathk