[Help-smalltalk] failed compile

From: Albert Wagner
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] failed compile
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 23:51:31 -0600

Paolo and Thomas: the failed compile was apparently an ugly artifact caused by not cleaning the source dir between compiles. I can now compile.

However, as the excerpts below show, several components cannot be found and hence, the compile is severely crippled. gst-Blox, gst-Browser, visualGST, etc, I have actually installed all of the supposedly missing components. Perhaps you could give me more explicit names, e.g. for Cairo, I installed libcairo2 "The Cairo 2D vector graphics library", but that is either the wrong module, or for some reason it cannot be found.

Any ideas why the modules below can not be found? It's been years since I compiled regularly and I have forgotten much. Could it be related to the fact that I am on a 64 bit machine?
:
checking for lt_dlopen in -lltdl... no
configure: WARNING: using included copy of libltdl
configure: WARNING: this is deprecated and will go away
configure: WARNING: it is suggested to install libltdl
checking for LIBFFI... no
checking for ffi_prep_cif in -llibffi... no
configure: WARNING: using included copy of libffi
configure: WARNING: this is deprecated and will go away
configure: WARNING: it is suggested to install libffi
checking for sigsegv_install_handler in -lsigsegv... no
configure: WARNING: using included copy of libsigsegv
configure: WARNING: this is deprecated and will go away
configure: WARNING: it is suggested to install libsigsegv
:
checking how to link with GMP... not found
checking how to link with readline... not found
:
checking for Tcl 8.x... no
checking for Tk 8.x... no
:
checking for sqlite3.h... no
:
checking for CAIRO... no
:
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.

checking whether to install GTK... no
checking whether to install BloxGTK... no
checking whether to install Blox... no