[Help-smalltalk] Understanding how Delay/Process work.

From: Mathieu Suen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Understanding how Delay/Process work.
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 23:46:02 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to understand how process are working and made up a little script
but that does not work as I expected.

Here is the thing, I want to see if #forAt: added the process in the processor
list at the given priority:

[ | i| i := 0. [(Delay forSeconds: 12) wait. i := i + 1. i printNl. true]
whileTrue] forkAt: Processor highIOPriority
(Processor processesAt: Processor highIOPriority) waitingProcesses

But the second line return an empty list.
The process is running since in the transcript I can see the 1, 2, 3, ...
output.
I am executing it in gst-browser I don't know if that change things.

Thanks for figuring it out.

        Mth