[Help-smalltalk] Re: dbd-postgres: Make it possible to make safe queries

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: dbd-postgres: Make it possible to make safe queries
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 00:15:22 +0200

On 04/08/2011 03:24 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Thanks!

Hi,
I have one more bugfix to make my code (first written for the SQLite backend)
work.

There is one more issue when going from DBD-SQLite to Postgres. I wonder if
the DBD-Sqlite code should call resetAndClear on a prepared query inside a
ensure block. Right now I call resetAndClear before doing the next query but
this is not available on the PGStatement. So I could either add it to the
Statement base class, or add the ensure to the SQLite Statement impl.

> I am only squashing this in:

With the merged code. Is there a gurantee that gcNew: N will initialize the
array with NULL? If not we might have an issue when an exception occurs when
filling the array.