Re: [Help-smalltalk] Website

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Website
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 13:34:23 +0100

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:45:28PM +0100, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:

Hi,

> Hi,
>
> Isn't it time for a new website, the current one is so ugly.
> A new one could use the twitter bootstrap as a base css/theme,
> it will look like may be more generic, anyway I like the design. I'm not
> sure but github could be use for the hosting, and for the bug reports too ?
> the website content could be easily migrated, I'm not sure if I
> still want the
> blog hosting, maybe an aggregator of gst user blog is enough?

Website: I would like to not open the construction site right now. The main
issue I have is that the page looks outdated (e.g. last release in 2011) so
the integration of a widget for git commits and identi.ca messages would be
a great start. I would like to post-phone a big overhaul right now.

Blog: I mostly use it to end up on planet.smalltalk.org. So again having
something that aggregates RSS and then is aggregated by planet.smalltalk.org
would be very nice.