Re: [Help-smalltalk] Correct way to throw exceptions/errors from C to ST

From: Roland Plüss
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Correct way to throw exceptions/errors from C to ST
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:18:34 +0200

On 04/12/2015 07:42 PM, Holger Freyther wrote:
>> On 12 Apr 2015, at 16:19, Roland Plüss <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe the question got lost in the mailing list? What does make a
>> primitive fail as seen from the Smalltalk VM?
> If you have a look at libgst/prims.def there is PRIMS_FAILED to indicate
> that a primitive failed. Is VMpr_CFuncDescriptor_call the call you end up
> making? In that case if NULL is returned from the c binding layer the
> primitive will fail
That sounds good but I don't know if I use that. My setup looks
something like this:

    gst_define_cfunc( "DECanvas.getCanvasCount", ( void*
)ccGetCanvasCount );

and in this example ccGetCanvasCount is:

int stClassCanvas::ccGetCanvasCount( OOP self ){
   return some integer;
}

So I don't think I'm using that function. Or does it automatically do
this if the return value is OOP?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Plüss Roland

Leader und Head Programmer
- Game: Epsylon ( http://www.indiedb.com/games/epsylon )
- Game Engine: Drag[en]gine ( http://www.indiedb.com/engines/dragengine
, http://dragengine.rptd.ch/wiki )
- Normal Map Generator: DENormGen ( http://epsylon.rptd.ch/denormgen.php )
- Sowie verschiedene Blender Export-Skripts und Game-Tools