TCP (or UDP) daytime client in Smalltalk

From: address@hidden
Subject: TCP (or UDP) daytime client in Smalltalk
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 15:46:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm new to GNU Smalltalk but this package seems to compile (build) fine on
Solaris 11.4 (Intel).

I think it compiled fine because 'gmake install' worked and I can enter some of
the sample tutorial code snippets, and this works.

I've also created a Solaris IPS package for it (a binary package) so that it is
easier to install.

# pkg list gst
NAME (PUBLISHER)                                  VERSION                    IFO
runtime/gst (nightly)                             3.2.91-11.4.24.0.0.71.0    i--

The above 'package' (pkg) is the package management system, so that the binary
can be installed without configure+make install.

As a test, I would like to create a simple "TCP" or "UDP" daytime client in
Smalltalk.

In Squeak (a different Smalltalk implementation) the following code works:

| r s addr |
addr := NetNameResolver addressFromString:'192.168.0.1'.
s := Socket newTCP connectTo:addr port:13.
r := s receiveData.
s close.
Transcript show:r.

When I try to evaluate the same code in gnu smalltalk:

$ gst
GNU Smalltalk ready

st> Smalltalk version
'GNU Smalltalk version 3.2.91'
st> | r s addr |
st> addr := NetNameResolver addressFromString:'192.168.0.1'.
Object: nil error: did not understand #addressFromString:
MessageNotUnderstood(Exception)>>signal (ExcHandling.st:254)
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addressFromString:
(SysExcept.st:1408)
UndefinedObject>>executeStatements (a String:1)
nil

Is there a way to load the NetNameResolver class in GNU smalltalk please ?

Or is there an example of TCP/IP (TCP or UDP) NetClient programming with gst ?

Thanks,
David Stes