help-source-highlight

Re: [Help-source-highlight] Translation map for style names

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [Help-source-highlight] Translation map for style names
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:33:52 +0100

Dario Teixeira wrote:
Hi,

I have defined a simple outlang that produces S-expressions (see below).
However, I would like to produce shorter versions of the style identifiers,
so that "keyword" becomes "kwd", "symbol" becomes "sym", etc.  Is there any way
for the $style variable itself to be transformed via a translation map?  Or an
altogether different way of achieving this within the source-highlight library?

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Dario Teixeira

onestyle "($style \"$text\")"

translations
"\"" "\\\""
end

Hi Dario

actually I never felt the need for such feature. I see two possible solutions to this:

- change the .lang files using kwd instead of keyword, but this would make your lang files unconsistent with future versions of the one distributed with source-highlight - if you use source-highlight as a library in your own program/library, you could provide a specialized preprocessor to attach to the output produce, but this would require some knowledge of the library which you may want to avoid.

As a final solution, you could write some perl/shell script that automatically translate the .lang files into new version.

Note that, in any case, if a translation map for style names was provided you should still provide a map for every single element...

I'll try also to see how hard/easy would be to add such feature.... but I see your context as very ad-hoc, isn't it?

hope to hear from you soon
cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net