help-tar

[Help-tar] GNU Tar API

From: Anastasi Thomas
Subject: [Help-tar] GNU Tar API
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:57:10 +0100

Hi All,

I need to integrate GNU Tar functionality into my application; I've done this by breaking and re-compiling tar; and then bundling it with my app.  I've tried various api's including libarchive and libtar but they do not support all of GNU Tar's features/methods.  I would like to know if there is a clean api library available for GNU Tar or if there's one in the pipeline at least- or have I just volunteered :) ??

Thanks in advance for any pointers and help.

Cheers,
Stas1