help-tar

Re: [Help-tar] File compression

From: Siva Nesan
Subject: Re: [Help-tar] File compression
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 16:40:18 +0530

Thank you Pavel. I will check on the issue and revert back.

Regards,
Shiva

On 24 February 2016 at 14:50, Pavel Raiskup <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wednesday 24 of February 2016 13:58:40 Siva Nesan wrote:
> Below are the commands that i am executing in both the servers.
> tar -cvf $EXPT/$SRC.tar $app/$SRC;

Please quote properly your commands (unless you are sure there are no
spaces in those variables..  but it seems there is not --sparse option
used, so ...

> Below are the warnings that i get, no errors
>
>  WARNING - 1040152 - Failed to load ZT library.
>  WARNING - 1040156 - SSL initialization failed with error code [1040152]..

I'm not sure where those logs come from.

.. it seems like you need to diagnose the archive contents properly.  That
can be done by 'tar tvf "$EXPT/$SRC.tar" > metadata'.  Then check the
differences between the two hosts.

Regards, Pavel

--
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.