Re: texinfo.tex: @noindent exdents in footnotes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: texinfo.tex: @noindent exdents in footnotes
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:21:11 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Karl Berry)
> Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:07:43 -0500
>
> I could rewrite footnote formatting so that they are typeset the same
> way as normal text, that is, without hanging indentation, but I'm not
> sure that would necessarily be a good thing and don't see any compelling
> reason to do so.  What do you think?

I rather like the current way footnotes are typeset, so I'd suggest
not to remove the hanging indentation.

> My best advice is not to use footnotes.  Especially not
> multiple-paragraph footnotes.  Especially not multiple-paragraph
> footnotes with examples.

Agreed.  Footnotes are good (me thinks), but long footnotes with
examples are bad (it would mean they are not really footnotes).  It
is better to make a small subsection for such long footnotes.