Re: Loosing my mind with indexes...

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Loosing my mind with indexes...
Date: 31 Jan 2002 18:29:27 +0100

Eli> I wasn't aware that the solution didn't help.  As far as I was
Eli> concerned, that discussion ended with you being happy and saying
Eli> "Thanks!" (with the exclam ;-), so I presumed there are no
Eli> problems left, and the world just got happier by one man ;-).

Sorry, I don't want either to give the impression I was not pleased.
What did happen is that I've been told there is some delicate problem
behind expansion of macros behind @item.  I'm not aware of the
implementation of makeinfo, but I can perfectly understand that there
are problems.  I know you want to rewrite it from scratch.  So I so no
point in putting pressure over you.  You suggested a solution, that
solution is not something I /like/, I see no point in asking for
more.  It's only a matter of my taste and your time.  Clearly, the
latter has precedence.

But then, a couple of months later, I'm crunched between ot1h texi2dvi
does works for reason Alpha, and otoh texi2dvi -e does work for reason
Beta => your document is not processible :) :) :)

Eli> I will look into this some more.

Thanks, but really, I don't want to be a bug to you.  *I* should
adjust my code, and wait for another implementation of makeinfo.