Re: Re[2]: Info: Custom Key Bindings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Info: Custom Key Bindings
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:25:09 +0300 (IDT)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Karl Berry wrote:

>     #var
>     scroll-step=1
>
> Maybe the file is actually getting read but this setting is not being
> honored for whatever reason.  Can you try doing some key rebindings or
> other changes to check that out?

That'd be my suggestion as well.

> Actually, you should be able to tell if the file is getting read if you
> run  ls -lu _info  before and after running info.  If Windows has an
> atime, I don't really know that for sure I guess ...

Windows does have atime, but I'm not sure it's updated every time the
file is read.  If we come to the conclusion that nothing in the _info file
seems to take effect in the session, the best way to debug this would be
to step into the code with a debugger and see what happens there.