[help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: wrong xml output
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:25:16 +0100

Alper Ersoy <address@hidden> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner:
>> But validity issues cropped up:
>
> You don't have to listen to them really. :)

Well, if I want to process that XML (I do), then I'd better
take care, hadn't I?

>> * verbatim is not allowed in item (markup-commands.texi:262)
>
> I think verbatim should be included in %block; instead of
> %section.level?.content;.  That will fix the problem.

Sure.

>> * (subsub)heading is not allowed in quotation (refman.texi:10240)
>
> I'm not sure about how to handle this.  Why do you need it
> for?

I'm not sure, it's in refman.texi:

@macro seealso
@noindent
@subsubheading See also

@end macro

[...]

@quotation
@seealso

Internals: @internalsref{FingerEvent} and @internalsref{Fingering}.

@end quotation

I don't know what it is for, I didn't write it, but it's
like that and makeinfo accepts it.

>> * image is pretty unusable (no wonder), but I'd like to use
>>   it and wonder whether block or inline context would be the
>>   most appropriate for it.
>
> makeinfo can decide if the image is inline by the state of
> paragraph_is_open.  Once this change is in,

This means you are implementing it right now?

> you can force it to render the image inline by using
> @indent or @noindent (which implicitly start paragraphs.)

That would really be fine!

>> As for one, I'm not sure wheter the input is perfectly
>> valid .texi or not...
>
> If makeinfo does not complain, we have to assume it's valid. :)

Now it (kind of) does:

$ makeinfo --xml lilypond.texi
*** stack underflow (-1 - 0) ***
Element stack index : -1

I will try to investigate it, but until then you can find
the new sources at
<http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/lilypond/texi>.

Thank you very much for the support!
--