[help-texinfo] Re: AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS, maude_LIBTOOLFLAGS, and LIBTOOLFLAGS

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS, maude_LIBTOOLFLAGS, and LIBTOOLFLAGS
Date: 13 Dec 2004 17:07:50 +0100

>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:
 >> +(@pxref{Invoking libtool, , Invoking @command{libtool}, libtool, The
 >> +Libtool Manual} for more options) should appear before the mode

 Akim> It is my understanding that the closing ) must stick to pxref.

Karl, is this true?  I find the Texinfo manual a bit unclear about
this  It says

| The parenthetical reference command, address@hidden', is nearly the same as
| address@hidden', but you use it _only_ inside parentheses and you do _not_
type
| a comma or period after the command's closing brace.

which is what I'm doing above.  And then insists with

| Use address@hidden' only as a parenthetical reference.

But OTOH Texinfo distributes an example use of @pxref outside a
parenthesis in doc/info-stnd.texi:

| @item @kbd{C-x @key{2}} (@code{split-window})
| @cindex windows, creating
| @kindex C-x 2
| @findex split-window
| Split the current window into two windows, both showing the same node.
| Each window is one half the size of the original window, and the cursor
| remains in the original window.  The variable @code{automatic-tiling}
| can cause all of the windows on the screen to be resized for you
| automatically, please @pxref{Variables, , automatic-tiling} for more
| information.

I'd have expected makeinfo to complain if any of these was wrong.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz