[help-texinfo] Texinfo DTD: footnote

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: [help-texinfo] Texinfo DTD: footnote
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:47:29 +0100

Hallöchen!

At the moment the Texinfo DTD has <footnote> in wrong places.  On
the one hand, it says

<!ENTITY % Inline.phrase
           "%Inline.emphasize; | %Inline.smallcaps; | %Inline.fonts;
            | %Inline.markup; | %Inline.math; | %Inline.reference;
            | %Inline.footnote; ">

on the other hand, it says in various places

<!ELEMENT heading       (#PCDATA | %Inline.phrase; | footnote)*>

So <footnote> is listed twice, which triggers errors.  I could
correct this myself, but how is it meant?  Should footnotes be
allowed everywhere where we have %Inline.phrase; (so that I delete
its explicit mentionings) or should I delete it from
%Inline.phrase;?

Tschö,
Torsten.