[help-texinfo] including only text version of image

From: Matthias Czapla
Subject: [help-texinfo] including only text version of image
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 19:51:07 +0100

Hi!

Can I prevent makeinfo from inserting
address@hidden ... address@hidden
and make it just include the text version instead, even if there exists
a png version of the image?  The reason is that the above doesnt work
for me (Texinfo 4.7, Info 4.7).  The image is not shown until the
first line of the image has moved above the top of the screen, so
there's almost always only part of it displayed (except in the rare case
where scrolling the node results in the first line of the image being
the first line on the screen).  And since my text images basically convey
exactly the same information as the graphical version I really don't need
the graphical version in Info readers that could display them.

Regards
Matthias