Re: [help-texinfo] Can I use any latin2 character?

From: Predrag Rakic
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Can I use any latin2 character?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:28:10 +0200

Karl Berry wrote:

I'm sorry, those characters came out as junk in my mailer and I don't
know what they are offhand.
First message was utf-8 coded, this ona I'll send in latin2 charset. Letters are: 'đ'(240) and 'Đ'(208). Those are modifications of leters 'd' and 'D'. In emacs you can get those characters if you type "C-x <RET> C-\ latin-2-prefix <RET>" and then type 2 tetters: ' and d (' and D for the other one).

Anyway, Texinfo basically supports the same accents that TeX does.
There's a list in the manual,
http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Inserting-Accents.html (and related pages).

If the characters you need are missing, let me know.

I am looking for them for some time. They are missing.

(This is entirely separate from the question of actually using real
Latin 2 characters in the source of you document.  On the TeX side of
Texinfo, that won't work at all right now, unfortunately.  Makeinfo
doesn't care.)
I'm preprocesing my .texi files, so that's ok.

Thanks,
Predrag