Re: [help-texinfo] Deciding which sections go into the TOC?

From: Wolfgang Pausch
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Deciding which sections go into the TOC?
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:44:45 +0200

Hello,

>     having sometimes five or more subsubsections per page in the table of
>
> Five per page is a lot.  Maybe such short sections should not be
> separate nodes and subsubsections.

Oh, they aren't separate nodes anyway. I just use subsubsections because I
want to structure the text (in this case each appendixsubsubsec contains
information about one class)

> You could just use @subsubheading to
> give them headings within an enclosing node and subsection.  Headings
> aren't put in the toc.

It works, but I think it's not really optimal. The difference between
subheadings, subsubheadings and normal text is not always that big.

If I use an ordinary subsubsection, the section number makes the difference to
normal text clear, but with subsubheadings, for example in html output the
heading is written in nearly the same way as normal text.

Wolfgang