Re: [help-texinfo] texi2dvi: AUC-TeX and depots

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] texi2dvi: AUC-TeX and depots
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:47:00 -0500

     neither --directory, too meaningless.

True, but I still prefer --directory to any of the other suggestions.
At least it exists with a vaguely similar meaning in other programs.
Ok?

    people will believe texi2dvi provides VCS services ;)

But they might believe it will somehow automatically check out files.
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the name, and wondered what
Akim was up to now :).

    I agree pdftexi2dvi is bad, but that's really how AUC-TeX works --

Oh, very well, I don't really agree with your arguments, but I give in
on this one anyway.  Bah, humbug :).