Re: [help-texinfo] Errors related to images when using makeinfo

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Errors related to images when using makeinfo
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:20:07 -0600

    the png images to pdf in order to generate the pdf. It will add a
    dependency to our application: imagemagick.

Well, readers of your document don't have to have imagemagick -- only
you do (or others who modify it).  Assuming you distribute the
pdf/html/etc. output files, which seems like it is your plan.

    I assume the ".txt warnings" aren't that important, are they?

Based on the xml output you got, it seems they are indeed spurious.

         <indexentry fileref="images/videoscope.pdf"

That closing </para> after the <textobject> is probably causing the
trouble, but it's not obvious to me how to fix it.

Also the <indexentry> confuses me, because what do index entries have to
do with images?  And why is it indexing an image?  It seems makeinfo is
doing something wrong here.

Unfortunately I've done very little with the Docbook output (it was
contributed), but maybe I'll be able to look at it, or (even better)
someone else.  It would help if you made a simple input file just trying
to include one image, with the image in same dir as the document
(assuming it still fails, which I'm guessing it will).  Could you do
that?

Best,
Karl