Re: [help-texinfo] Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Gentoo Linux some `Info' manuals missing index
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:01:23 -0500

Hi Harry,

    I'm using the emacs info reader, not the standalone.

Once you're in cvs.info, if you navigate to the Index node (e.g., m
Index RET from the top node), does it have any normal content?

If not, then your cvs.info is broken.  If so (and I bet it does), I'm
afraid you need to report this to address@hidden  Be sure to include
the version of Emacs you are using, and a pointer to the actual cvs.info
file, so they can reproduce it.

    How can I generate that index from the sources..

makeinfo cvs.texinfo.

When I use `i' on the cvs.info I have in my Emacs 21.3, it works fine.
My Index node starts like this (except it has real control characters).

File: cvs.info,  Node: Index,  Prev: BUGS,  Up: Top

*****

address@hidden@^H]
* Menu:

* !, in modules file:                    Excluding directories.

Best,
Karl