Re: [help-texinfo] Accents in verbatim mode

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Accents in verbatim mode
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:41:24 GMT

    The problem is that if my example use an @

Sure, you'd have to escape @@ (and @{ and @}) with @example.

    verbatim, and if I put the character directly like this : "è".

That character as it appeared in my email is the Latin 1 representation
for e-grave (one byte: 0xe8), not its UTF-8 representation (which is
multiple bytes).

If you actually want to use Latin 1, say
@documentencoding ISO-8859-1
(When I tried that, the e-grave character in your email came out fine
for me.)

However, perhaps that was just the vagaries of email.  I did find a bug
in processing accented characters inside @verbatim when they were the
first thing on the line, regardless of encoding.  Please try the latest
texinfo.tex from http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo.tex.

Best,