[help-texinfo] Re: Russian/Ukrainian lang support by texinfo type system

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: [help-texinfo] Re: Russian/Ukrainian lang support by texinfo type system?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:58:29 +0200

On 17.02.2011 3:27, Karl Berry wrote:
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.texinfo.general/1019
    Is there any case to make good pdf output?

Unfortunately I doubt texinfo.tex will acquire support for Cyrillic, or
any other non-Latin script, in the foreseeable future.

Ok, I search under Internet about UTF-8 support in Plain TeX.
It is seems impossible.

Opposite questions: how about translate .texi into LaTeX?

Does anyone try develop such feature?

This will allow use UTF-8 and write .texi documents on any available language (I think).