[help-texinfo] texi2pdf prefers png over pdf

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: [help-texinfo] texi2pdf prefers png over pdf
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 11:26:14 +0200

It seems that texi2pdf prefers an png image over a pdf image.
So if I write

@image{schematic}

and I have a schematic.png and a schematic.pdf
it will include in the generated pdf document [texi2pdf ..]
the schematic.png.

I had hoped that it would include the schematic.pdf.

The reason is that I want to generate both, pdf and html
and I have a vector version of schematic in schematic.pdf
and a bitmap in schematic.png.

If the texi2pdf prefers the .pdf version this works automatically.
Now I have to delete the .png first before generating the .pdf file
and regenerate the .png for creating the .html file.

I am just curious, why first .png.  Naively I would think that if a .pdf
version exists this is preferable over a .png file.

Kind regards,
Wim Oudshoorn.