Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environme

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Changing background color of the 'verbatim' environment
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:01:34 GMT

Hi Patrice,

    Is it difficult, or infeasible?  If it is only difficult, I think that

Breaking @cartouche over pages is TeXnically possible.  So is supporting
background colors for @example / @verbatim.  It's just that I personally
am never going to work on either one -- way too much effort for way too
little return.  Of course, I'd happily accept clean patches for them.

    it could be nice to add that to the TODO, even if it is not at all
    a priority.

I suggest creating bug reports on Savannah for them instead of adding
them to TODO.  In general, my experience is that almost no one (besides
us) looks at TODO, whereas random nice people who want to help are much
more likely to find a bug report on the web.