[help-texinfo] Function Index: Index is nonexistent

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: [help-texinfo] Function Index: Index is nonexistent
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 10:47:35 +0200

Dear Texinfo Community,

I'm the author of GNU Octave's control package [1] and I'd like to create a
function index for the package's PDF manual created from Texinfo source.
However, the function index stays empty, only "Index is nonexistent" is
displayed. What can I do to populate the function index with the functions
marked with @findex foobar?

The corresponding files are to found in the SVN repository [2], control.tex is
the main file, functions.texi contains the functions with the @findex commands,
and control.pdf is the current output with empty index.

Thanks for any help and best regards,
Lukas

[1]
http://octave.sourceforge.net/control/index.html