Re: [help-texinfo] Roman page numbers for Dedication, Acknowledgements a

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Roman page numbers for Dedication, Acknowledgements and Preface
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:16:05 GMT

Regarding "hiding" a page number, maybe do @headings off at the
beginning of the page where you want the headings, and then @headings on
(or @headings double) at the beginning of the next page (after the page
break).  Or play around with @everyheading or related, depending on
exactly what you want to do.

Regarding your setting to -13 having no effect, I can't reproduce the
problem.  Below is my test file which has the dedication as i, the short
contents as ii, the contents as iii, the preface as iv, and the first
chapter as 1.  Perhaps it is a difference in texinfo.tex; try getting
the latest released version from
http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/texinfo/texinfo.tex.

Sorry this is so messy, but such is life.

karl

\input texinfo
@setfilename pageneg
@headings single