Re: [help-texinfo] 15mm margin with @smallerbook

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] 15mm margin with @smallerbook
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 21:10:01 GMT

    Is there a way I can get 15mm margin on all sides?

Not easily.  This kind of precise output layout definition is not what
Texinfo was designed for.

However, anything is possible.  I can't compute the numbers for you, or
explain all the parameters, but if you look at texinfo.tex, there is a
command \internalpagesizes which takes numerous parameters to define the
page layout.  You can call it like this:

@tex
\globaldefs=1
\internalpagesizes{...}{...}...
@end tex

There are eight parameters in all, you'll see what they are in texinfo.tex.

You should be aware that the default hoffset and voffset for TeX (i.e.,
origin for the page) is (1in,1in), everywhere, so your numbers should be
relative to that.  E.g., you'll want hoffset=voffset=-10.4mm (I guess).

Good luck,
Karl