Re: help: How to use section name instead of node name in info files.

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: help: How to use section name instead of node name in info files.
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 20:06:20 +0000

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 1:21 PM Takesi Ayanokoji
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is there a way to use section name instead of node name in info-files?
>
> To do this, I use customization variables NODE_NAME_IN_INDEX=0 and
> NODE_NAME_IN_MENU=0 in makeinfo arguments(I saw
> http://stress.stappe.de/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/html_node/Other-Customization-Variables.html#Other-Customization-Variables).

Info files would have to use the node name in menus and other
references between nodes. Unlike HTML where the target of a hyperlink
is not visible to the reader of the document, the target of a link in
Info is in the text the user sees. It would be awkward to show section
names instead of node names in Info.

These two customization variables appear only to be used for HTML
output, so I think they should be documented in the "Other
Customization Variables" node instead.