Re: Index.html doesn't fold on case insensitive filesystems

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Index.html doesn't fold on case insensitive filesystems
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 14:09:03 -0400

On Mar 18, 2020, at 5:40 AM, Gavin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 9:15 PM Yuan Fu <address@hidden> wrote:

I tried to export texinfo to HTML for Emacs Lisp Reference Manual. And it has an index page. According to the manual makeinfo should fold the index.html and Index.html. However I only see the content of Index.html.

I also tried to set CASE_INSENSITIVE_FILENAMES to true, but that didn’t make any difference.

How should this work in general on case insensitive filesystems? Thanks.

I can't easily test it but as far as I remember the Index node is
supposed to be at the end of the file. Any links to the node use an
anchor, like index.html#Index. Have you checked at the end of the file
to see if the Index is there?

In the index.html, there are #Content and #Index anchors, but no content for #Content. What’s missing is the Content rather than Index. I put the index.html I got on gist: https://gist.github.com/casouri/2d3b1931caebd7ab345aaa64c52174fd
I hope that helps.

Yuan