Re: Problem with heading appearing on new chapter page

From: Sebastian Urban
Subject: Re: Problem with heading appearing on new chapter page
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 15:53:25 +0200

> For one thing @thischapterheading is not a good name for this.

As for name I basically did "search & replace", i.e. just wanted for
it to look similar.  So, name may be changed.

> Also there would have to be similar commands for all the @this*
> commands listed in Info node "(texinfo)Custom Headings": @thistitle,
> etc.

So... add them too.  Without @...page and @today{}, but the rest:
@...chaptername, @...chapternum, @...sectionname, @...sectionnum,
@...title, @...file, could be added.  Again, this would probably be
temprorary solution, until someone will add option to show/hide these
on new chapter page.

> When I first implemented the hiding of the chapter name I
> deliberately left user-defined headings as they were because users
> may have preferred the existing behaviour.

Which surprises me.  I would rather think that they would like no
chapter/section description on new chapter page (empty heading), just
like it's in the books.

>> I downloaded the Texinfo sources for the Emacs manual from
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/emacs.html and reproduced the
>> problem.  I am working on it.
>
> I think I've fixed it although more testing would be good.

Well, tested with my headings and it seems to work.  Thanks.

S. U.