Re: Displaying images for html output

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Displaying images for html output
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 03:56:52 +0100

For html there were four problems

1.

The file does not exist (relative to index.html) and using '.png' the
error shows '..png'

@image{../Ideogr/Ch03b--Chmed/igc03--01--Sicl--CircAmRg,8cm,8cm,AltText,.png}

2.

The file exists (relative to index.html) and using '.png' does not give an
error.  But the image is not displayed in html output.

@image{../../Ideogr/Ch03b--Chmed/igc03--01--Sicl--CircAmRg,8cm,8cm,AltText,.png}

3.

The file exists (relative to index.html) and using 'png' does not give an
error.  The image is displayed correctly in html output.

@image{../../Ideogr/Ch03b--Chmed/igc03--01--Sicl--CircAmRg,8cm,8cm,AltText,png}

4.

Image Width and Height have no effect in html output.  Had passed an image that
was displayed very large compared to the text.  Changed Width and Height in
the call to @image, but the size of the image was not reduced compared to the
text.

Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy