Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 17:00:13 +0200

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 04:57:02PM +0200, Christopher Dimech wrote:

> I removed the old version installed by synaptic and installed the development
> version.
>
> --------
>
> cd ~/Admir/source/texinfo
> ./autogen.sh
>
> cd ~/Admir/build/texinfo
> ../../source/texinfo/configure
> make
> sudo make install
>
> --------
>
> Could I have missed something ?

Yes, there are specific instructions for texinfo.tex, as seen in
INSTALL:
* texinfo.tex and the other *.tex files are not installed by
  `make install', because there is no reliable way to know where to
  install them.  Instead, you have to run an additional make command
  after the normal make install:
    make TEXMF=/your/texmf install-tex
  texinfo.tex is installed in ${TEXMF}/tex/texinfo/texinfo.tex, etc.