Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Using a macro makes pdfetex quits and exits with bad status
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 19:16:23 +0300

> From: Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com>
> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 17:53:02 +0200
> Cc: help-texinfo@gnu.org
>
> Ok,  I added the texinfo development directory to PATH.
>
> Now getting again to the old problem of texinfo.tex

Why did you need to add some directory to PATH?  Did you install
Texinfo with "make install", as expected?  Assuming you used some sane
vale of the --prefix configure option, "make install" should have made
sure every executable is on PATH from the get-go.  Since you say you
need to add some directory to PATH, I suspect that instead of a normal
install you did something "by hand", and now the thing crumbles under
you feet because of that.

Texinfo is not guaranteed to work correctly unless you install it
after building using the provided "make install" procedure (followed
by a manual install of texinfo.tex, if needed).  If you didn't do
that, things will fall apart, and please don't expect this list to
support you in that adventure.