help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] SVCD ISO file differences between I-Author andvcdimager

From: Joachim Jachemich
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] SVCD ISO file differences between I-Author andvcdimager
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:08:39 +0200

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:

> > After investigating the ISO files (TRACKS.SVD esp.) produced by I-Author
>
> > and vcdimager, resp., it seems that I-Author uses a different layout for
> > the TRACKS.SVD file that leads to a correct timing display.
>
> did you create the image as "supervcd" or as "svcd"? (it can be set afaik
> in the preferences somewhere, default is "supersvcd", which seems to be
> some pre-IEC spec)

As far as I do remember, I tried both versions (one of them does create
the infamous "/MPEGAV" directory indeed which isn't exactly standard ...)
I'm gonna recheck that and let you know of the results ...

> well, vcdimager tries to adhere to the IEC62107 SVCD specification,
> iauthor does create by default some pre IEC svcd image... which many
> players may regard as the actual standard... are there any firmware
> upgrades available for your player?

Actually (since there's more than enough firmware upgrades around for
the yammi) I do use a quite recent one.

btw, any clue how to get a copy of the exact ISO / Cao-Ji - spec ?

regards

jj
--
Joachim Jachemich             eMail: address@hidden