help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] SVCD from nupple video

From: Eric Jorgensen
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] SVCD from nupple video
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 21:02:51 -0700 (PDT)

--- Roman Hochleitner <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Eric Jorgensen wrote:
>
> > create a SVCD.  So here is the command line I'm
> using:
> >
> > nuvrec -n -t 5 -W 480 -H 480 output
> >
> > However, I'm getting really bad audio chopping.
> After
> > reading the usage, I added "-y 4" to see if that
> would
> > help (creating bigger audio buffers).  Nope, and I
> > even tried 16:
>
> the audio jitter bug is a known bug, as it says on
> the homepage, it seems that audio recording doesn't
> work properly with some audio cards.
> unfortunately it works with all my audio cards
> therefore
> you'll have to find the bug yourself and send ma a
> patch.
>
> sometimes this bug occurs on heavy loaded systems,
> try
> to capture at lower resolution e.g 352x288 PAL or
> 352x240 NTSC.

Roman,

Thanks for the info.  When I use the default size
(width=352 and height=240) I'm able to capture just
fine.  This is on a 733mhz machine with a gig of
memory.  Any ideas on tracking this down with higher
resolutions?  Or should I be using a higher bitrate
instead of higher resolution for capturing with the
end result of going to SVCD?

Thanks,

Eric