help-zile

[zile-devel] Update

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: [zile-devel] Update
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 00:56:59 +0200 (CEST)

I've just put a first cut of a termcap term interface into CVS. The ncurses term interface is still the default; to try termcap, use "--disable-curses" to configure.

The new header file zterm.h multiplexes term_ncurses.h and term_termcap.h, according to the configure options.

I'd be interested in any feedback, especially on the new code, rough as it is. I hope to find more time to work on it soon, ending up with a port of zile to Symbian (I tried this using curses a few years ago, but it was horribly slow, because the curses implementation was useless; I am currently using a cutdown emacs called eemacs which is a bit flaky but works fast enough, so I'm hoping to use the same termcap implementation for zile).

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | maximiste, n.  pessimiste (Roux)