help-zile

[Help-zile] Lua

From: Brian Maher
Subject: [Help-zile] Lua
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 20:06:29 -0700

Hello Zile Users/Developers,

branch of zile.  This sounds like a pretty cool project.  I also ran
across this:

  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/tweak/

...and when I investigate Zile's lua branch, it looks like a buffer is
simply a circular double-linked list of lines, which means most
operations are O(n) and there is a limit to the size of files that can
be put into a buffer.

What if Zile was changed to use the lazy-loaded btree described in the
paper about tweak above instead?  Has anyone given that thoughts?

Also, I notice the traffic on this list is pretty sparse.  Does that
mean the number of people using this editor is small?

Thanks,
-Brian

--
Brian Maher >> Glory to God <<