hurd-devel

Re: gnumach release

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: gnumach release
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:16:13 -0400 (EDT)

> > It doesn't work with a recent oskit.  This is a showstopper IMHO.
> > Among the normal reasons, it's unfeasible to include oskit-mach in
> > Debian before that works because we would have to fork off the old
> > oskit version in a seperate package as a build dependency.
>
> Should this be done anyway so that we can get more eyes on the oskit-mach?

Well, the right kind of eyes would just get the problems in the current
oskit and oskit-mach fixed.  In the absence of anyone really able to keep
on top of it (and I guess that's the case until I get another machine and
get back to serious hacking myself), the people who are ready to cope with
oskit-mach at all have been able to deal with getting themselves an old oskit.