hurd-devel

Re: gnumach release

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: gnumach release
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:40:49 -0500 (EST)

> I think this is a fine strategy, but I don't think we should say it
> will be the last 1.x release.  Just say "the 2.0 release will be
> oskit-based" and that this will be where primary development efforts
> go.

Well, that's pretty much what I meant.  I didn't mean we should make any
definitive statement, just say that we don't expect to change 1.x any more
unless some critical driver bug crops up and has a simple fix up or
something like that.  We don't plan to address any known shortcomings in
1.x before 2.0.