hurd-devel

Re: Objdump report posted

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Objdump report posted
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:00:49 -0800

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 03:19:16PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Any particular reason you excluded the binutils packages?

It was cross compiled badly, and I'm a little uncertain of it.

Specifically the binaries got misnamed as i386-gnu-xxx, so I'm not
sure what else was weird.

I'm also not sure why those showed up as Linux binaries.  I'm fairly
certain those were natively compiled. =( I have to do some paying work
tonight, but I'll try and get binutils and gcc natively built.  So far
we're still working off of the cross compiled versions.

> After getting rid of the bogus Linux binaries included, the output of my
> little awk script on your file contains no "mach" or "hurd" anywhere in it.
> So that's a good sign!  Later on tonight I will look over it in detail,
> but I suspect we are in good shape now.

Cool, thanks!

--
Some people play the lottery, some people use Ebay. Personally, I've
had much better luck with Ebay than the lottery