hurd-devel

Re: release directory

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: release directory
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:18:17 +0200

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:57:29PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I think the mksmallso tricks have been put into some other
> boot-floppy-making package somewhere.  Aside from that there is nothing
> there worth keeping I don't think.

Yes, Debian used my mklibs.sh, and later rewrote it in python, apparently,
but I never chcked if they retained all the functionality (esp if it
supports circular library dependencies).

My script was never perfect.  It never fully supported C++ apps, and it
needed regular maintenance to get the glibc linking command right.  But it
is still there to get the idea how this is done.  As I am not doing boot
disks for some years now, I didn't maintain it anymore, but it still exists.

As for the release directory.  The announcements are for interesting from a
historical point of view, and somebits here and there are of interest to my,
but I just made my private copy of it, and it is still in the CVS repository
of course, so I guess we can scrap that.

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/