hurd-devel

switching to SVN ?

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: switching to SVN ?
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:06:39 +0200

Hi,

does anybody have any objection if we switch to subversion (SVN) on
savannah.gnu.org?  It's currently not an automatic option on the GUI,
and support for it may be stale, but I know all the right people to
make it happen (thanks, Michael!).

I suppose you are familiar with it.  SVN is basically CVS + ability to
rename directories.  Plus a couple of other advantages.  For example,
some distributed VCS's have SVN backends, while CVS support seems to
be rare.

Beside CVS (and inofficially SVN), savannah offers only arch and git.
arch has a horrid interface (bzr is much better and similar).  I don't
know much about git, but it is also distributed and very different
from CVS.

Thanks,
Marcus