hurd-devel

Re: removing "su" from coreutils [Re: Fwd: [PULL] su

From: Karel Zak
Subject: Re: removing "su" from coreutils [Re: Fwd: [PULL] su
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 11:44:20 +0200

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 06:09:18PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> hmmm, is "utils-linux" stuff that has dependencies on linux-specific
> interfaces?

 Linux is primary goal, but it seems we're already friendly to
 non-Linux platforms too (GNU/Hurd and Solaris).

 $ git log | grep Hurd
 defaults for Hurd.
 build-sys: minor changes for GNU/Hurd
 Here is a patch to fix the build on GNU/Hurd.
 implemented that way on the Hurd.  Is TIOCSETD any kind of standard?  Else I
 GNU/Hurd uses linux-like swapspace, so mkswap makes sense on
 Set DEFAULT_DEVICE and ALTERNATE_DEVICE for GNU/Hurd and FreeBSD

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <address@hidden>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com