hyperbole-users

Re: Character ^L in .hypb file

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Character ^L in .hypb file
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 18:52:16 +0300

* Robert Weiner <rswgnu@gmail.com> [2020-11-27 18:48]:
> Yes, Hyperbole uses the page separator character to speed finding
> the section within the .hypb file that has meta-data for each button
> activated (each button may have a different source file).  This
> separator character is the formfeed character.

Thank you. In general I know formfeed, only wonder how it is used.

If the file is without the formfeed, would hyperbole find the meta
data?

That question is related to generation of Hyperbole .hypb files on the
fly.

Also, does that mean that the file itself can have both buttons and
such meta data after the formfeed? If this is case, then I could
generate everything in one file and just hide the remaining part.