hyperbole-users

Re: Why no articles on Hyperbole?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why no articles on Hyperbole?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 14:07:33 +0300

> May 12, 2021 2:03 AM, "Robert Weiner" wrote:
>
> Hi Jean Louis:I'm just curious with your blog-like articles at
> hyperscope.link, why have you not written anything about
> Hyperbole. I think your business use of it or ideas from it would
> make for an interesting article plus just the kinds of things you
> find useful.-- Bob

Once you learn walking, you never talk about it.

That is how GNU Hyperbole is.

Sure, I will write about it, as it is akin project, and had to be part
of GNU Hyperbole, but it is now large and I don't know how it would
work.

I have just defined this:

(when (fboundp 'hyperbole)
  (defil hyperscope "(hyperscope" ")" ".*" 'hyperscope))

So when I invoke a function `hyperscope-capture-buffer' then I get the
buffer captured into Hyperscope and I can leave a "trace" in the
buffer that is invoked with GNU Hyperbole:

What it does?

- my command captures the buffer into Hyperscope dynamic knowledge
  repository;

- with prefix key, it creates a Hyperbole but also Hyperscope link in
  the same buffer, this one: (hyperscope 37470)

- by activating such link I get the Hyperscope object which may be
  seen on this video:

Sample GNU Hyperbole usage with Hyperscope for Emacs
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/4/7/0/Sample-GNU-Hyperbole-usage-with-Hyperscope-for-Emacs-37470.html

- This helps me to keep track of some offers. My "files" are thus
  mostly Hyperscope dynamic knowledge repository elementary or mixed
  object documents in the database, which also point to real files on
  file system. Sometimes I write a document, and I wish to capture the
  buffer into the dynamic knowledge repository, one key binding,
  buffer is captured and it leaves now with GNU Hyperbola v8, the
  trace in the buffer, it generats the GNU Hyperbole link like this
  one: (hyperscope 37470) which then helps me to reference back to the
  file. Information may be PGP encrypted.

Practical usage:

- write a proposal among many or various revisioned proposals, insert
  the ID into the proposal, any time client wish to refer back to
  proposal, I can ask for ID number and locate the exact version of
  the proposal sent to client by clicking a single key;

  then if I I am revising the proposal by using GNU Hyperbole I can
  quickly jump back to the revision in question; no need for tedious
  looking up into the file systep, just a button, I am in the "file",
  in my system I am rather in the "object"; that may have more
  attributes than a single file;

- mark specific emails with important information to be referenced
  later, relate the information to person, group, company, or create a
  follow-up by capturing full text of information (email) into the
  dynamic knowledge repository.

- write email and publish in the same time, often I write emails with
  guidance that may be published for other people. Just like this
  email, I have used this button (hyperscope 37470) multiple times to
  quickly jump to the Hyperscope object and back to the email for
  editing.

- it creates relation between two systems, one can be the file, email
  or any text, and other can be the database object; the button jumps
  from one to the other.

--
Jean

<https://www.fsf.org/campaigns>