Re: [igraph] Getting the latest development version of igraph

From: Gabor Csardi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Getting the latest development version of igraph
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:49:57 +0100

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 06:50:53PM -0500, Richard Geddes wrote:
[...]
> I have not changed the igraph-main-0.5 installation... can I and/or should I
> uninstall the 0.5 dev version... I assume
>
> $> sudo make uninstall
>
> from within the igraph--main--0.5 directory would clear the 0.5 version from
> the install paths?

It should. This is autogenerated by autoconf and i haven't used it much.
But just tried it, it worked well.

If you used the default configure options and igraph is in /usr/local
then it only removes /usr/local/lib/*igraph* and
/usr/local/include/igraph/* plus /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/igraph.pc
Actually it leaves the /usr/local/include/igraph directory there,
probably not a serious problem.

G.

> The concern, as usual, is leaving software from a previous install that might
> affect the current install, as well as holding onto unused files.
>
> Richard

[...]

--
Csardi Gabor <address@hidden>    UNIL DGM