Re: [igraph] C library compilation on Leopard

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] C library compilation on Leopard
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:04:34 +0100

Hmmm, i think it should not be created. Header files go to
/usr/local/include on the UNIX-like systems i know, libraries go to
/usr/local/lib and so on.....

Except if you do ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/igraph in which
case you should create /usr/local/igraph before running
configure/make.

But maybe OSX is different, i don't know.
No, it's completely the same. After ./configure --prefix=/opt/igraph && make && sudo make install, the following files and directories were created:

/opt/igraph/include/igraph (with many header files which I won't mention)
/opt/igraph/lib
/opt/igraph/lib/libigraph.a   (the static library)
/opt/igraph/lib/libigraph.la  (libtool library information)
/opt/igraph/lib/libigraph.0.0.0.dylib  (the dynamic library)
/opt/igraph/lib/libigraph.0.dylib (symlink to the previous one)
/opt/igraph/lib/libigraph.dylib (symlink to the previous one)
/opt/igraph/lib/pkgconfig/igraph.pc (pkg-config configuration file)

This is the expected behaviour I assume.